Followers

Friday 5 August 2016

Still trying to tempt in the summer....

Hmm.. I'm not so sure!  
We have had the odd hot day, with sun, but then within 24 hours, rain,
thunder and even hail! 
So... I thought I would try and help myself into the summer mood, 
with this months card for Patties Creations challenge...

Pattie is challenging you to make a card for the old favourite challenge:
"anything goes!"

I chose her image called "flip flop trio".

I knew instantly, what I wanted this card to look like -
and the paper I was going to use. 
(I have a real thing at the moment, for stripey paper!)


After printing off the image, 
I coloured it using my promarkers, 
in similar colours to the backing paper. 
I inked the edges of everything 
and embossed a couple of lines across
the long white edges. 
I wanted to keep this card CAS and so
added a simple (freebie) sentiment form desert divas.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Crafting by designs - atg - 26 Aug
Crafty creations - on the beach - 18 Aug
Crafty gals - birthdays / celebrations - 10 Aug
Digi choosday - atg - 10 Aug
Everybody art - summer / holiday - 11 Aug
Passion for promarkers - my favourite things ( promarkers, stripey paper!!, flipflops) - 11 Aug
Through the craft room door - atg - 10 Aug
Crafty cardmakers - summer - 8 Aug
Country view - hot summer days - 14 Sept
Paper creator - K.I.S - 1 Sept
Sisters of craft - atg - 5 Sept




15 comments:

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Lovely card, thanks for sharing with Sisters of Craft and good luck. Wendy DT x

Jane said...

What a great card..super flip flops
It's perfect for my Hot summer days theme over at Country View. Thanks for joining in with the fun x Jane DT

Sandra DeFalco said...

Vicky - Striped paper is a great choice for this Flip Flop Trio! It enhances the patterns within the image. Super summery card!
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

Sally Dodger said...

A really summery card. I love te Flip Flops and the bright stripy paper is a great addition. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers. Sally.x.

Pattie G said...

Vicky,
Oh, this is so cute! I just love how you colored my image and the colors are so great for summer.
Hugs
Pattie

Elizabeth Hart said...

I love the look of your very fun flip flops. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Rebecca said...

Fun and bright. Hopefully it brings some Summer weather for you! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Bec

Deborah Wainwright said...

Flip flops always remind me of summer, and yours are wonderfully colourful! Thank you for playing along with us at CVC good luck , hugs Debs xx

GalFridayStamping said...

Very pretty card! Love those flip flops! ❤️. Thank you for sharing with us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday. Jane P. DT

The Crafty Den said...

Super cute card Vic. I love the fun image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for sharing your favourites with us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Jane Savage said...

Brilliant design! I'd love a pair of those fabulous flip flops!! :)
Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday! Jane (DT) xxx

Judy V said...

Great card! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner!

The Sparkly Fairy said...

A lovely summery card! Thank you so much for joining us at Crafting By Designs. Good Luck!
Emma (DT Member)

Colette said...

Fun summery card, great choice of colours and matching image colours to paper, thanks for playing along at the Paper Creator challenge, good luck, hugs, Colette xx

rachel said...

loving those flip flops! Gorgeous colours! Thanks for joining us at Countryview challenges and good luck! Hugs rachel xx