Followers

Wednesday 31 July 2013

Those dreaded cards...cards for men/ boys!

 
I was recently asked to make some cards for
some males... music, sport & graduation.
 
 First up, is the music card...for Lewis.
I decoupaged the ipod and used glossy accents on the window and button.
The music and the microphone were images on my pc that I have had for ages.
The backing paper is a sticky paper that I love...bought it
years ago, in Paperchase.
It's covered in music stuff...drawings of guitars, hifis, stereos, headphones, allsorts!
A bit of dry embossing round the edges finished this.
 
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Make it Monday - 151 - anything goes (ends 4th August)



 Good ol' wrapping paper again!
Can't believe I have only just thought of buying it to use on my cards!
Think this one cost me 20p for the sheet...and I could prob make about 10 cards from it!
I backed all the pieces on card to give them more strength, then decoupaged the balls,
so that they stand out from the page.
I twiddled about on the pc to make the sentiment on the blue square.
I'm quite pleased with this one!
 
I would like to enter this into the following challenges...
Pile it on - 30 - anything goes (ends 3rd August)




Finally, this one was made using some of my pc images, and backing paper.
I decoupaged the scroll and balloon
and tried to make sure the sentiment looked like it could be handwriting.
I was asked to add something to do with music.. and as a final thing,
I popped on a brad in the shape of a camera.
 
 


4 comments:

Jackie said...

A brilliant selection of man cards :o)
Jackie xx

Shirley-Anne said...

hello VIC
love all three cards but the first is awesome .Love the coordinating paper ,and image .Great masculine creation .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

kay said...

Fabulous trio of cards x

Helen J said...

Great male cards, I particularly like the first one, too.
Helen
x